Sunday, June 7, 2020

Sorry for no posts/replies as of late

I'm a bit behind on Book #4. After being sick for two weeks, then having another several weeks where I couldn't focus well enough to write (never mind focus well enough to write, I couldn't even focus well enough to read. I kept forgetting what had happened earlier in the books I tried to read. Talk about torture, I hated not being able to read just as much as I did being sick.) it has left me behind on book #4.

I've just recently gotten back to where I can probably manage my normal writing schedule (one chapter of 4-5 thousand words per day, 5 days a week, for those curious) and keep it going again. I am already more than halfway through writing the book, so I should manage to finish writing it in June, but between proofreading, editing, and all the other after-writing portions of publication it won't get published until July.

My apologies to all for the delay.

Tom

11 comments:

  1. Feel better before you worry about your writing :) I think I speak for many fans that want the best work you can provide. And for that being healthy is more important than being on time =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do I send an email with info in it for you?
    aloha -
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this series! Please, for us and yourself take your time to do it right, we're happy to wait for your best work, woth Covid on the loose you have a rather captive audience that wishes they could login to your world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have a title yet and could you set it up for us to pre-order? I don't want to miss the release.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      The title for the next one will be along the lines of the others: Light Online Four: Defender

      I don't normally do pre-orders with Amazon since there are repercussions if you miss your date. In addition to having pre-orders blocked for a year if you miss one, I've heard some other authors mention that when they did that their review times increase, like Amazon pays more attention to their account after that.
      On the other hand, if you sign up for my mailing list (there's a link in the side bar of this blog, top of the right hand side) you'll get an email from me when it's released. Normally that email goes out within a day or two of release which is long before Amazon's notification emails about my books go out.

      Tom.

      Delete
  5. Saw Duluth, MN in the series, and thought you must have some connection?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, no connection for myself there. Duluth came about because I was hunting for how someone might try to slip out of the country without having to go through an official border. At least if I remember right, I wrote that portion what seems like a very long time ago.

      Tom.

      Delete
  6. Love your books can't wait. I'm glad you are feeling better too. Have you read "Army of me" by N. Lamont Weaver? If not you might try it when you can concentrate and remember what you have read again! I hope you and the family have a Great 4th

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read that one, but I normally take a few weeks off after finishing a book. So I might look that up and see if it's to my taste.
      Tom

      Delete
  7. Just found your series and cant wait to read more. I hope you are feeling better now (even if this is a while later haha)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Feeling well enough that I mostly ignored everything else and focused on finishing book #4, which I did earlier on today. Glad you enjoy it.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete