Friday, July 11, 2014

Book #3 (Merlin's Target) in An Untimely Error close to release

I've finished writing the third book in An Untimely Error. It's titled Merlin's Target and is very close to getting released. I have one more proofread of it to do myself after I take a few days away from it so I can actually see what is written.

Frequently when proofreading their own work, authors tend to read what they intended to write as opposed to what they actually did. If you take some time off from the story and work on something else, it's much easier to see the words that are actually there as opposed to what you intended to write.

So, I have one more proofread to do on it. It's already had two proofreads, basic editing, and been beta read. It's looking good but I want one more pass through to attempt to pick up anything that's been missed so far. Then I'll make it available in Ebook format on Amazon.

Once I do, I'll finally finish working through the proof to get the first book in the series available in paperback, the second and third books available on other outlets than Amazon, and then start working on the paperback versions for the second and third books.

Since Merlin's Target will close out the trilogy (I wanted a traditional trilogy for my first set of books) I've been giving thought to what I'll be writing next. I already have the basic idea for the series. It should lend itself to being longer than a trilogy although I haven't decided just how many books would work best for it yet. More on that once I actually start writing it.

I've also procured a domain for a full website as opposed to just a blog and I'm slowly working it into shape. I'll post a link here once it's ready for visitors.

Tom...


No comments:

Post a Comment